American Football Basketball Cricket Cycling Darts Esports Football Golf Handball Horse racing Motorsport Poker Politics Rugby Union Snooker Tennis Trotting Other sports Other odds Old odds Sports Betting Casinos No deposit casinos UK Casinoranker

Idol Sweden Odds – Get the Best Odds at Idol 2020 Sweden

Who wins Idol in Sweden 2020?

Odd unit: EU | UK | US
Inga Odds Just Nu

Swedish Idol

Since its inception in August 2004, Idol has become one of the most famous shows on Swedish Television. It is a Swedish reality competition that is part of the Idol Franchise initially created by British entertainment entrepreneur Simon Fuller. TV4 – which is the primary TV station in Sweden - broadcasts Idol every year.

Every season, there are new participants from all over Sweden looking for their time in the spotlight. These contestants first have to impress the judges in the preliminary stages, to qualify for the stages where the phone voting system would determine their fates. Like the contestants, Idol has seen a total of 5 different lineups of judges since its first season in 2004. 

Quick Facts: In 2011, the producers wanted to pause Idol to create the X-factor and the Voice of Sweden. But they had very low viewership and ratings, so they opted to pause the latter and go with Idol.

Idol 2020

Idol 2020 is the 16th season of the show and is set to begin in autumn. There are some interesting facts about this year’s Idol, and here they are 

  • The judges will be unchanged from last year: the judges – Anders Bagge, Nikki Amini, Alexander Kronlund, and Kishti Tomita as well as the host Pär Lernström, from Idol 2019, will be retained for the 2020 season. Part of the reason for this is their popularity with the fans, which saw them receive high ratings.
  • An unprecedented promotion: last year, for the first time, a contestant qualified directly for the finals. The contestant – Rebecka Assio, from falköping, is the first person in Idol’s history to go from first audition straight to the finals. This was as a result of her incredible performance. It has not been clarified whether this will happen again this year.
  • No specified date: due to the novel coronavirus pandemic that is currently ravaging the world, there are no stated dates for the show to begin yet. We hope it would begin in the autumn of this year, but we just have to wait and see. 

How the Idol works 

The Swedish Idol is divided into 5 parts 

  • Audition tour
  • Endingaudition
  • Qualifying week
  • Weekly finals
  • Finals

Audition Tour

This is the preliminary stage of the competition. In this stage, the jury travels to the 5 biggest cities in Sweden. Thousands of auditions are conducted to find the best singers in each of these cities. There’s a pre-jury that looks at all the contestants before the principal jury to ensure which ones are good for TV.

Ending audition

From the thousands of people that participate in the first rounds of auditions, only the best 100 are chosen. These 100 people are then auditioned again for 4 days to screen out those less qualified. on the first day of this second round of audition, about 60% are evicted from the show. The remaining 40% are further tested and screened until only 20 people are left. 

Qualifying week

The 20 survivors get to perform on the big stage. For these set of contestants, their fate and ultimate progress lie in the hands of the general public. Voting is done by a phone voting system, and in the end, only 12 of these contestants will qualify for the finals.

Weekly finals

This is one of the biggest stage of the competition, and usually the one with the biggest followership. At this level, most fans already have their favorites and the competition is much tougher. It is on this grand stage that the fans get to choose the best singer in Sweden, every year. Last year’s finals performance was done at the Ericsson Globe Arena, Stockholm, where Tusse Chiza was crowned the 2019 Idol. 


During the final show of the seasons, the two finalists are going to sing three songs each. One that the contestant has picked themselves, one that the audience picked and one that was written specifically for the finals. After the songs have been sung, the audience gets to vote on who will be this years winner. The winner will recieve a record deal with a producer and the means to kick-start a music career.

Audition Applications are open

Interested in participating in the Idol 2020? Click here to find the application form for the audition. You may want to note that you have to be 16 years and above to be allowed to participate in the competition. Applications are open to the public now. The application forms are filled in the spring and all the programs concerning the audition phase are filmed in the spring, but broadcasted in the fall when the competition officially kicks-off.